6 - 36 Inches
May - October
Excellent low growing, mound plant useful for borders while the taller cultivars make excellent cut flowers.
Prefers full sun, but tolerates very light shade. Likes soil that is moist yet well-drained. Plant after all danger of frost is past. Needs fertile soils to continue to bloom through the summer. Removing spent flowers aids in rebloom and disease reduction.
- 'Artist' series hybrids 12"-14" blue and purple flowers
- 'Blue Hawaii' 6"-12" blue flowers
- 'Blue Horizon' 24"-36" mid-blue flowers
- 'Leilani' 14"-16" Blue flowers
- 'Lohman's Frost' 18"-24" Blue flowers
- 'Red Sea' 24" -36" red flowers
Great plant for interplanting with light colored or silvery colored foliage plants or with white petunias