Planning Play Activities
Activities for Infants
- Hold, rock and sing to young babies.
- Explain what you are doing throughout the day when you change or feed them.
- Put bright toys near babies.
- Take them outside on nice days.
- Give babies toys they can move and make noise with (like a rattle).
- Play different kinds of music on the radio(keep the volume low).
- Give them soft toys (like a stuffed animal or a clean sock) to hold and feel.
- Have a clean space for babies to crawl. Put bright toys near babies so they can reach out or move toward them.
- Read aloud books that have colorful pictures.
- Remember that infants put everything in their mouths. Wash toys if they become dirty and be sure they cannot be swallowed.
Activities for: Infants | Toddlers | Preschoolers | School Age | All Ages