Communicating with Your Own Parents
It is important to keep your own parents informed of all your babysitting jobs. You will want to let your parents know:
- Who are you babysitting for? Your parent may want to meet this family if he or she is not already acquainted with them.
- Where are you babysitting? Your parent needs to have an exact address and phone number in case of an emergency.
- How long will you be working?
- What are you expected to do while you are working?
- Do you need transportation to and from the family's home?
- If you experience uncomfortable feelings while in the family's home and/or with one or more family members.