Committee Chair Role Description
Purpose: To lead the committee through the business of planning,
implementing, and evaluating the community service project for the 4-H
- Committee builds a sense of teamwork.
- Committee completes tasks assigned to group.
- Club completes community service project as developed by the
- Committee presents preliminary and final report to club.
- Makes arrangements for meeting and notifies members of date,
time and place of meeting.
- Calls meeting to order.
- Prepares agenda for meeting.
- Delegates responsibilities to committee members.
- Uses the community service planning checklist to guide work of
- Involves all members in the decision making.
- Reports work of committee to club and organizational leader.
- Keeps a written file of work of committee.
- Time for making arrangements for committee to meet
- Time for committee to discuss business and make recommendations
- Time for committee to report to club
- Time to conduct activity/event if part of the committee role
- Time to report accomplishments to club
- Working with Committees Packet
- Club Committee Adviser
- Other committee members
- Consultation with Club Committee Adviser
For Questions, Contact: