- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan over low heat, sauté garlic in two teaspoons olive oil over low heat for one minute. Do not let garlic brown. Add tomato sauce and tomatoes, pepper and oregano. Simmer gently over low heat, uncovered, while preparing other ingredients.
- In large skillet over low heat, sauté onions in remaining two teaspoons olive oil, stirring constantly, until onions are transparent but not brown. Add chopped spinach, stirring constantly.
- Layer uncooked lasagna noodles, sauce, spinach mixture, cottage cheese, and mozzarella in baking pan. Repeat, using all ingredients, ending with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for one hour at 375° or until lasagna noodles are cooked. (If noodles are cooked before assembling lasagna, bake uncovered and reduce baking time to 25 minutes.)
Note: Lasagna can be assembled and frozen, uncooked. To prepare lasagna that has been frozen, defrost in refrigerator for 3-4 hours, and then bake, covered, for 1½ hours or more. Lasagna is done when cheese in center is melted, all noodles are cooked, and casserole is very hot all the way to the center.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension