¼ cup margarine, softened
¼ cup oil
1 cup Splenda
½ cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cloves
¾ cup raisins
2 teaspoons powdered sugar, optional
- Heat oven to 350°
- Beat margarine, oil, and sugars very thoroughly; add eggs and applesauce and beat well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves
- Fold in raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients nad beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
- (Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, after cooling cake.)
- Best if eaten within 1-2 days