2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup chopped onion
4½ cups chopped cauliflower
4 cups peeled, diced potato
¾ cup shredded carrot
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
6 cups non-fat chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
Pepper, to taste
- Melt margarine in large saucepan; add onion. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add cauliflower, potato, carrot, and caraway seeds, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove lid, and lightly mash vegetables until chunky, pureed mixture.
- Replace lid and simmer another 20-30 minutes.