1 can (9-ounce) crushed unsweetened pineapple, juice-packed*
1 package (3-ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sugar substitute equivalent to ¼ cup sugar
1 cup fresh cranberries, ground
1 small orange, peeled, quartered and ground
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup pecans or other nuts, broken into pieces (optional)
*Do not use fresh or frozen pineapple in this recipe! It will not allow the gelatin to jell.
- Drain pineapple and save juice. Set pineapple aside for later use.
- Combine pineapple juice with water to equal 2 cups liquid.
- Prepare gelatin according to package label using juice-water mixture for the liquid.
- Once gelatin is dissolved, stir in lemon juice. Chill until partially set.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar substitute, cranberries, orange, celery and nuts. Add this mixture to the partially set gelatin and stir until blended.
- Pour into large mold or individual molds. Chill until firm.
Chill time: 3 hours