¼ cup margarine, softened
¼ cup Splenda
¼ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
½ cup skim milk
1½ teaspoon baking powder
13 squares (2½ inch) graham crackers, rolled fine 6 sheets low fat
1 egg white, beaten to soft peaksDate Topping
½ pound dates, finely chopped
½ cup Splenda
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together butter and sugars; add egg yolk and milk, and mix.
- Mix together baking powder with graham cracker crumbs; add to mixture.
- Fold in egg white.
- Pour into greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350º for 25-27 minutes.
- Cool before putting on date topping.
- Cook dates, sugar, and water for a few minutes, until dates are very soft.
- Cool mixture before adding vanilla.
- Frost cake with date mixture.