(For 2 persons)
1½ pounds beef
¾ cup pasta
1-2 cloves garlic
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1½ cup mushrooms
2 teaspoons parsley
1½ teaspoon oil
2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese (For 4 persons)
3 pounds beef round tip steak
1½ cups uncooked medium bow-tie or shell pasta
2 cloves garlic
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup cherry tomato halves or 2 medium tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt to cooking water. Drain cooked pasta and keep warm.
- Cut garlic cloves into thin slices or use garlic press. Slice mushrooms. Cut cherry tomatoes in half or slice tomatoes in thin wedges. Chop parsley. Cut beef into thin diagonal slices.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place half of beef strips in skillet and stir-fry one minute or until outside surface is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove to warm platter. Stir-fry the rest of the beef with the sliced or crushed garlic cloves. Remove to warm platter. Sprinkle with black pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and stir-fry for two minutes. Add tomatoes, beef, and Italian dressing. Heat through.
- Spoon beef mixture over hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.