6 (4-ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons onion, minced
½ teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup tomato sauce
½ teaspoon rosemary
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
- Wash chicken pieces, pat dry. On a sheet of waxed paper, dredge chicken in flour.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add chicken and cook 2-5 minutes on each side, turning occasionally until lightly browned on all sides.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Using wooden spoon, stir well.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half (about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Return chicken to skillet. Cook until sauce thickens and chicken is heated through.