2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup skim milk
1 cup evaporated skim milk
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions in the large saucepan. Drain in colander.
- To make cheese sauce, melt margarine in medium-sized saucepan. Mix cornstarch well into cold skim milk. Add skim milk and evaporated skim milk to margarine.
- Heat sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When the sauce thickens, remove from heat and add shredded cheese.
- Mix drained macaroni with sauce. Put in casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350º.