12 ounces lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (15.5-ounce) red kidney beans, drained
1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
1 can (10-ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
3 large green peppers
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in medium saucepan. Add onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in red kidney beans, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes; heat to boiling. Reduce to low heat; simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
- Wash green peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Place green peppers cut side up in large skillet. Add about ½ inch water. Heat to boiling; cover and reduce heat. Simmer about 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Remove peppers from water and drain on towel. Place cut side up on serving plate, and fill with ground meat/kidney bean/tomato mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.