- Check your shoes. Employers watch the type of shoes that
- Simple pumps are the best bet. Never wear sandals, neither
flat nor heels, even if they are dressy.
- The color of your shoe should match, not contrast, your
outfit. Wear beige, black, brown, navy or gray. Do not wear
bright colors like red, yellow or gold.
- Gym or sports shoes are a definite no-no even if the job
has an informal atmosphere.
- Stockings must always be worn on a job interview. Never
- Stockings should be sheer and match the outfit that you
wear. They can match your skin tone or be neutral toned
(cream, black, brown, navy or gray) to match, but not contrast,
- Patterned, printed, seamed or colored stockings should
not be worn.
- Jewelry, when tastefully worn, is always an asset to your
outfit. A beautiful pin or a favorite bracelet can add to
your outfit and can help you feel comfortable.
- Do avoid wearing too much jewelry. This means wearing one bracelet
or one necklace instead of many. Wearing too many rings can distract
from your total appearance. As a rule wear, only three pieces
of jewelry at one time, not counting your watch.
- Be cautious of wearing dangling earrings unless they are
small. Also, do not wear multiple earrings.
- Leave the nose rings, eyebrow rings, lip rings and other
piercing at home.
- White or beige undergarments should be worn. Only wear
black or dark undergarments under dark clothing. Never go
without wearing undergarments.
- Check the mirror to make certain that your bra straps
or slip is not showing.