Clothing Dos and Donts
The following are general guidelines for successful interview dressing:
- Do wear clean, ironed clothes.
- Do empty pockets beware of bulging keys and tinkling
- Dont wear loud, bright colors such as greens, reds or
purples. These colors can be used sparingly as accents or accessories.
- Dont wear jeans or t-shirts
- Dont wear ripped jeans.
- Do wear buttoned shirts, leaving only one or two buttons open
at most, not showing chest.
- Dont wear sports clothes with emblems. Avoid clothing
with large designer labels.
- Do wear a tie if possible. Make certain that it is knotted firmly,
not loosely around the shirt collar.
- Do wear traditional daytime fabrics. Avoid wearing satins or
Accessories Dos and Donts
- Do wear clean, conservative, and polished shoes.
- Dont wear more than two rings.
- Dont wear any body piercing paraphernalia (earrings, nose
rings, or eyebrow rings)
- Dont wear baseball caps or sunglasses.
- Dont wear athletic shoes, no matter how clean and new.
They are considered inappropriate for an interview.
- Dont wear earrings. If you normally wear one, take it
- Dont wear chains or necklaces.
- Do shine your shoes.
- Do wear complimentary and stylish ties. This is one piece of
garment that can be eye-catching.
- Dont wear sandals.
How to Tie a Tie
Do you know how to tie a tie? Heres how. Make certain that
you practice before the day of the interview or have someone help
How To Give Yourself a Manicure
You can have your nails professionally done or you can do them
yourself. Heres how:
- Gently shape nails with an emery board.
- Soak hands and nails in warm soapy water until all traces of
dirt are gone.
- Gently push back and remove cuticles with an orange stick or
- Wash hands and lightly scrub to remove remaining cuticle.
- Rub light oils or cream into fingers, nails and cuticles to