Grooming Dos and Donts
- Do wear your hair clean and styled neatly.
- Do use deodorant.
- Do not use a lot of cologne.
- Do not smoke, chew gum or spit tobacco.
- Do shave your facial hair.
- If you wear a beard, it should be neatly trimmed. Mustaches should also be trimmed.
- Do not have dirty fingernails no matter what type of job you are applying for. Trim nails and scrub hands if necessary.
- Do cover tattoos wherever possible.
How To Give Yourself a Manicure
You can have your nails professionally done or you can do them yourself. Here's how:
- Gently shape nails with an emery board.
- Soak hands and nails in warm soapy water until all traces of dirt are gone.
- Gently push back and remove cuticles with an orange stick or towel.
- Wash hands and lightly scrub to remove remaining cuticle.
- Rub light oils or cream into fingers, nails and cuticles to help moisturize.