Checklist for the Interview Day
- Bathe or shower the night before or the morning
of the interview.
- Brush and floss your teeth. Use mouth wash.
- Your outfit should be clean and pressed. Your
undergarments and other accessories should be ready.
- Shoes should be polished. Check to make certain
the heels are not run-over.
- Does jewelry match? Is it conservative and tasteful?
- Are nails and hands clean and neat?
- Wear cologne, but wear it very lightly.
- Hair done and neat. Bring a comb with you just
- For women: Apply makeup lightly. Bring powder
and or lipstick to freshen up before the interview.
- For men: Be freshly shaven.
- Take a wristwatch with you to keep track of the
time, even if it is an inexpensive one. Being on time for the
interview is of utmost importance.
Interview Tip : Resume
Remember to bring extra copies of your resume even if they have
a copy on file. It should be in a folder or large envelope
flat not folded. Be prepared to discuss and explain the content
selling your best qualifications.
Interview Tip : Out of the Room on Time
Plan to arrive a few minutes early. Plan timing for traffic jams.
If you know that you are running late, it is very important to call
(even if you are in-route). Give an estimated time of arrival.
Right before leaving for the interview, look in the mirror. Tell
yourself that "I love myself. I look the best that I can look.
I have prepared myself the best that I could."
Then ask yourself, "Would I hire me?" The answer should
be "Yes, I would hire me!"
Interview Tip - A Good Handshake
Give a good firm but not tight handshake, look at the person eye to
eye and smile. Wait until you are asked before sitting down. Absolutely
no smoking, even if the interviewer is doing so.