- Cut beef along the grain into 1½-inch strips. Then cut each strip across
the grain into ¼-inch slanting slices.
- In a bowl, mix together beef, soy sauce and garlic. Cover with wax paper
and let marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Put the cornstarch, red chile powder, broth, ginger and sherry into a medium
- Place large skillet or wok over high heat. When skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon
oil. When oil is hot, add half of meat mixture and stir-fry until meat is browned
(2 to 3 minutes). Place meat in a separate bowl and set aside. Repeat with the
rest of the meat, using 1 tablespoon more of oil.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into skillet. When hot, add thawed broccoli
and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add water, cover and cook. Stir frequently
until broccoli is tender and crisp (about 3 minutes).
- Stir the cooking sauce, and add it with the meat to the skillet. Stir until
sauce boils and thickens.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension