Bread Pudding Capirotada (Sopa)
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups Splenda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cooking spray
- 12 slices toasted whole wheat bread , broken into pieces
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup raisins
- 1¼ cups chopped pecans
- Combine water, Splenda and spices in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spray 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray. Layer toast, cheese, raisins and pecans. Pour syrup over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread absorbs syrup.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here