Curtido Salvadoreño (Cabbage Salad)
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Blanch the cabbage with boiling water for 1 minute. Discard the water.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl and add grated carrots, sliced onion, red pepper, oregano, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with Pupusas Revueltas.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here