Chicken with Vegatables and Rice
- 6 chicken pieces (legs and breasts), skinned
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup corn, frozen
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 ounces Spanish olives
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a large pot, brown chicken pieces in oil.
- Add water, tomatoes, green and red peppers, celery, carrots, corn, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from the pot and place in the refrigerator. Add rice, peas, and olives to the pot. Cover pot and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken and raisins and cook for another 8 minutes.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here