Noodles with Chopped Nuts
- 2 cups fresh pasta cooked al dente
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 3 or 4 tablespoons very finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese (made with skim milk)
- Salt for taste
- Slowly melt butter, and when frothing point is reached add very finely chopped walnuts.
- Fry nuts until golden brown, stirring constantly (scorched nuts tend to taste rather bitter)
- Add chopped parsley, remove from heat, and pour over fresh pasta cooled al dente or firm to the bite.
- Blend well, coating pasta with butter and nuts mixture, sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve immediately.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here