Chocolate Banana Custard Pie
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup cup Splenda
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites, lightly whipped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham crackers and melted margarine and press into 8-inch pan.
- For the chocolate filling, combine the milk, Splenda, and margarine in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Let the chocolate melt for a minute, then whisk until smooth. Whisk in the egg then the egg whites. Whisk in the cinnamon.
- Arrange the banana slices in the pie crust and pour the custard filling over them.
- Bake the pie for about 35 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Cool the pie on a rack. Refrigerate.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here