Caribbean Seafood and Black Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium or large shrimp, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- Drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup jarred tropical fruit in light syrup, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons frozen limeade concentration
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes until the shrimp are opaque in the center. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the beans, lime juice, green pepper, Tabasco, fruit, cilantro, limeade concentration, hot sauce and salt to the bowl. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension
<- fold here