- Cut beef into chunks or strips.
- Add all ingredients except cornstarch to skillet.
- Simmer, covered, for about 30 minnutes. You may need to add a little water so mixture simmers well. (Don’t add too much water or mixture will get soupy.)
- Add cornstarch to small amount of water to make a smooth paste. Add to meat mixture and stir.
- Cook until cornstarch thickens (about 5 more minutes).
Note: This dish can be served as an entrée or as a burrito filling. When you
buy flour tortillas for burritos, choose those that are thinner or smaller,
because they have fewer calories and carbohydrate.
From Flavors of Fiesta by University of Illinois Extension