Here's a pizza recipe that can be used as a snack, or combined with a salad and fruit for a balanced meal.
Pizza Pockets - Makes 8 servings
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Prepared pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- Filling of your choice - chopped pepperoni, cooked ground beef, chopped vegetables, mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Divide the biscuits and press each piece to form a 5-inch circle.
- Place pressed dough on a cookie sheet.
- Spread 1 - 2 tablespoons of sauce on half of the circle; don't put sauce too close to the edges.
- Add fillings.
- Fold the circle in half and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Bake at 400°F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden.