Here's a quick and easy recipe for summer grilling.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Bacon slices
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each patty. Hold bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Grill until meat reaches an internal temperature of 160° or well done. Patties should be brown, not pink, on the inside. Patties can also be baked in the oven at 350° for 30-40 minutes, until well done. For even cooking, flip patties half way through the cooking time.