Tuna Rice Pie
Makes a 9-inch pie = 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3½ oz. can of tuna packed in water
- Press cooked rice into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Make a medium white sauce by melting margarine in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and stirring in milk. Add one slice of cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain tuna and spread over rice.
- Pour medium white sauce over tuna. Cut 2 cheese slices into strips and arrange over tuna-rice pie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.