Italian Ground Beef and Macaroni - Makes 4 servings
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 16-ounce can tomatoes
- 10 3/4 -ounce can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, unsalted (about 1 cup uncooked)
- Cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery in large skillet until beef is lightly browned and onion is clear. Drain.
- Break up large pieces of tomatoes. Add tomatoes, tomato puree and seasonings to beef mixture. Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in macaroni. Heat to serving temperature.