Commercial & Private Pesticide Training Info & Schedules
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 10, 2013
Illinois Pesticide Act Licensing Requirements
A pesticide use license is required for:
- Anyone using Restricted Use pesticides
- Anyone applying any Restricted or General Use pesticides (any pesticide) in the course of employment
A person using a General Use pesticide on his or her own property is exempt. Restricted Use pesticides are prominently identified on all labels. A license is required to purchase a Restricted Use pesticide but not General Use pesticides.
The Illinois Department of Agriculture certifies and licenses those using pesticides in outdoor environments and in the production of agricultural commodities. The University of Illinois Extension provides training and study materials. This website covers training, publications, and licensing information for these uses.
The Illinois Department of Public Health certifies and licenses individuals using pesticides in and on man-made structures. This includes nuisance bird control, rodent control, wood treatment, and insect control.
For the link to all Training Locations for Private Pesticide Safety Education Program Clinic Schedule 2013/2014 Season, see below:
Source: Patricia Bingaman, Extension Assistant, email@example.com
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’
- Shift in gut bacteria observed in fiber supplement study may offer good news for weight loss
- Tips for planning next year’s vegetable garden
- Protecting Your Home From Fall Insect Invaders
- Branches in the buff
- Happy American Diabetes Month: Diabetes and the Glycemic Index