Meals for a Healthy Heart
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2013
Planning, shopping and cooking for someone with heart disease can be a real challenge. To help meet this challenge: Oswego Senior Center and University of Illinois Extension will offer a program called Meals for a Healthy Heart.
Meals for a Healthy Heart is a two part series that focuses on identifying risk factors and making small lifestyle changes that can lead to a stronger, healthier heart. In each session participants prepare and receive recipes, taste foods to meet their dietary needs, and learn about diet and exercise to better care for their health.
The program is meant to compliment the recommendations of your health care provider and to help you or your loved one manage heart disease.
Meals for a Healthy Heart will meet on the following dates and times: February 12th and 19th, from 1-3 PM., at the Oswego Senior Center
156 E. Washington
Oswego, IL 60543
Please register before February 8th, 2013.
- Using Your Fireplace Safely
- Convalescent Center Garden a Monarch Waystation
- Living with your Houseplants and their Insect Relatives
- New help for living with diabetes: Your Guide to Diet and Diabetes website
- Sept. 1 corn stocks estimate – Does it matter?
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’