GROWING PRODUCE FOR PROFIT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28, 2013
A Conference for Fruit and Vegetable Producers in the Tri-State Area
The University of Illinois Extension is teaming up with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach to offer a full day of research based information for the fruit and vegetable producers in our area. Mark your calendar for Thursday, February 21st and plan to attend from 8:30am until 3:00pm at the Elizabeth Community Building in Elizabeth, IL. The conference, entitled Growing Produce for Profit will include information on fruit and vegetable production practices, insect management, grant opportunities and an update on regional local foods projects. The day will end with break-out sessions specifically on raspberry, blackberry and apple production, and a panel discussion with local business owners about marketing strategies.
The cost for the conference is $20 per person if paid by February 18th. After this date, registration goes to $30 per person. Seating may be limited, so please sign up in advance. Registration cost includes all materials provided by speakers, and lunch.
For pre-registration information, contact the Extension office in Elizabeth at (815) 858-2273 or go to: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw/ to sign up on-line.
- Using Your Fireplace Safely
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’
- Living with your Houseplants and their Insect Relatives
- Sept. 1 corn stocks estimate – Does it matter?
- New help for living with diabetes: Your Guide to Diet and Diabetes website
- Shift in gut bacteria observed in fiber supplement study may offer good news for weight loss