New Website for Local Food Systems and Small Farms Programs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 2013
URBANA, Ill. - The University of Illinois Extension Local Foods Systems and Small Farms Team now has a new "one-stop shop" website for clients to find information, resources, event calendars, and program registrations, said Extension educator Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant.
"With the Extension reorganization, we currently have 11 local food systems and small farms educators. The new site was designed and developed by LFSSF team members to share information—in one place—for all of our unit programs, such as the statewide calendar," Extension educator Laurie George explained.
The website will also offer centralized registration for statewide events such as the Putting Small Acres to Work workshop, the Small Farm Webinar series, and GAPs training, Cavanaugh-Grant said.
The website is geared toward farmers, those considering a farming operation, and those interested in local foods. Visitors can find the new website at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/smallfarm.
Source: Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant, 217-782-4617, email@example.comNews writer: Stephanie Henry, 217-244-1183, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using Your Fireplace Safely
- Be A Good Sport and Mind Your Sportsmanship P’s & Q’s
- U of I Extension Marks 100 Years and Looks to Next 100 Years
- U of I Arboretum Hosta Garden dedicated as a national display garden
- Save Milkweed seed and help the Monarch Butterfly
- Convalescent Center Garden a Monarch Waystation