New Website for Local Food Systems and Small Farms Programs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 2013
URBANA, Ill. - The University of Illinois Extension Local Foods Systems and Small Farms Team now has a new "one-stop shop" website for clients to find information, resources, event calendars, and program registrations, said Extension educator Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant.
"With the Extension reorganization, we currently have 11 local food systems and small farms educators. The new site was designed and developed by LFSSF team members to share information—in one place—for all of our unit programs, such as the statewide calendar," Extension educator Laurie George explained.
The website will also offer centralized registration for statewide events such as the Putting Small Acres to Work workshop, the Small Farm Webinar series, and GAPs training, Cavanaugh-Grant said.
The website is geared toward farmers, those considering a farming operation, and those interested in local foods. Visitors can find the new website at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/smallfarm.
Source: Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant, 217-782-4617, email@example.comNews writer: Stephanie Henry, 217-244-1183, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using Your Fireplace Safely
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’
- Living with your Houseplants and their Insect Relatives
- Sept. 1 corn stocks estimate – Does it matter?
- New help for living with diabetes: Your Guide to Diet and Diabetes website
- Shift in gut bacteria observed in fiber supplement study may offer good news for weight loss