4-H Members will Debate Laws at Illinois Capital
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 12, 2014
4-H members in Illinois will learn how ideas become law during a mock debate in the Chambers of the Illinois House of Representatives March 7 and 8 in Springfield. Youth will debate mock bills using the same process used by real legislators in the Illinois House and Senate, including use of the House microphones and voting buttons to determine the fate of various bills.
4-H members who were at least 14 years of age by Sept. 1, 2013 may register online at https://webs.extension.uiuc.edu/registration/?RegistrationID=8846 by Feb. 17. The $85 registration cost includes lodging at the State House Inn, three meals and all program costs.
Delegates may run for many leadership roles during the conference, including Speaker of the House and Clerk of the House. Delegates will sharpen their persuasive speaking skills while they learn more about the state legislative process, as well as meet other 4-H members across the state.
Source: Judy Mae Bingman, Media Communications Specialist, 4-H, email@example.com
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’
- Shift in gut bacteria observed in fiber supplement study may offer good news for weight loss
- Tips for planning next year’s vegetable garden
- Protecting Your Home From Fall Insect Invaders
- Branches in the buff
- Happy American Diabetes Month: Diabetes and the Glycemic Index