Spray Guides Available for Commercial Growers & Landscapers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 9, 2014
Following our winter educational programs University of Illinois Extension has a variety of publications available to the public. For the commercial fruit grower there is the 2014 Midwest Small Fruit & Grape Spray Guide and the 2014 Midwest Tree Fruit Spray Guide. These books cover topics such as herbicide recommendations and chemical weed control. These books sell for $10 each.
For commercial vegetable growers we have the 2014 Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers. This manual provides information on soils and fertility, pesticide information and safety and weed management and also sells for $10.
For the lawn care or landscape professional the Commercial Landscape & Turfgrass Pest Management Handbook is just what you need. This handbook covers managing weeds, insect pests and plant disease in turfgrass, trees, shrubs, woody ornamental plants, flowers, landscape plantings and nursery crops. This manual sells for $22.
All of these publications are available at the University of Illinois Extension, Collinsville office at 1 Regency Plaza Drive, Suite 200. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Cash, checks or credit cards are accepted.
For more information about these publications or our educational opportunities for commercial growers call 618-344-4230.
- Using Your Fireplace Safely
- 2015 Perennial Plant of the Year Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokovo’
- Living with your Houseplants and their Insect Relatives
- Sept. 1 corn stocks estimate – Does it matter?
- New help for living with diabetes: Your Guide to Diet and Diabetes website
- Shift in gut bacteria observed in fiber supplement study may offer good news for weight loss